- ◄Do I have to open an account?
- No you don't. Signing in with an account is not a credit or trade only facility. It's simply easier if you are a repeat customer for you to log in and saves time completing repeat information such as your delivery address. If you log in with an account the system will also show all your historical orders with us.
- ◄Are the prices on your website trade prices?
- Yes they are. We sell boxes to business customers with a minimum bulk quantity of 12 boxes of each colour or size. You can buy individual or multiple single samples.
- ◄Do you offer discounts on higher volumes?
- Yes, our discount structure is based on a total spend level. If you purchase products exceeding £400.00 excluding VAT and carriage, we offer a 5% discount. If you spend in excess of £650.00 excluding VAT and carriage, we offer a 10% discount. The discount does not apply to the carriage cost, only the product value.
Enter the below relevant discount name (as you see highlighted below) in the discount code box at the checkout stage and the discount will automatically be deducted.
bigorderdiscount = 5%
reallybigorderdiscount = 10%
- ◄Do you offer discount to charities?
- Yes, we are very happy to support charities. We offer an automatic 10% discount to charities, regardless of spend level. Please contact us for a discount code specific to you. We are also happy to share your charity details on our Facebook page and our Pinterest board.
- ◄Do prices include VAT?
- No they do not but the incl. VAT unit price is shown in the body description on each product page. VAT will be added automatically to your shopping basket total at checkout. VAT is charged at the current rate of 20% We show VAT additionally not inclusively because most of our customers are businesses so are VAT registered and claim it back. If you are VAT exempt (ordering outside the UK but within the EU, or Internationally) please view your Shopping Cart before proceeding to checkout On the Cart Page you will see an area to add your VAT registration number. Once confirmed as valid this will zero the VAT. We can only remove VAT for customers within the EU who have a valid VAT number and if the goods are being delivered outside the UK. If you have any difficulty with the automatic VAT checking system on the Cart Page please contact us for assistance. If you are not registered for VAT we're sorry but you have to pay it and can’t claim it back. Sorry, it’s Philip Hammond to blame and the law, not us!
- ◄What is your cut-off time to dispatch boxes the same day I place my order?
- 1:30pm is the cut-off time, Monday – Friday. If you place your order before 1:30pm it should be despatched the same day on a next working day delivery service, but this is not guaranteed.
If you place your order after 1:30pm it will be despatched the following working day. Our warehouse does not despatch on Saturdays, Sundays, or national holidays.
- ◄Can I mix colours or sizes on bulk stock?
- Yes, but our minimum quantity of any individual item is 12 of each size/colour (24pcs for Mailing Cartons and Ribbons). For quantities below 12, please purchase individual boxes by clicking the 'Buy Sample' button on each product page or navigate the top drop down menu 'Samples' that are listed by size.
- ◄Will I get my boxes the next day?
- Provided you place your order before 1:30pm the answer is yes. However, next day delivery is not guaranteed. Ideally you should allow 2-3 days if you are in a rural location. If specific delivery timing is critical, select one of our timed delivery services but ensure the order is placed before 1.30pm for the selected service to be effective for next day delivery. Orders placed on a Friday will be delivered on a Monday, not a Saturday, unless requested and at an additional cost. Next day delivery could arrive up to 6pm.
- ◄Can I remove the ribbon?
- You cannot easily remove the ribbon from fixed ribbon boxes as it is fixed and glued through a thin slit in the box paper at manufacturing stage. However, we have many options of Slot Boxes with changeable ribbon that enable you to easily remove the ribbon and add one of our alternative colours, or use your own.
- ◄Can I change the ribbon?
- Yes very easily on Slot Boxes with changeable ribbon. There are thin slots in these boxes for the ribbon to feed through. Every box is supplied complete with a length of matching colour ribbon but you can buy an alternative colour from our Ribbon Collection, or you can use your own.
- ◄Can I add my own logo?
- Yes no problem. The minimum quantity is 24 boxes. Visit our Printing Page and complete the JotForm to submit your print quotation request to Nigel Taylor our Print Manager.
- ◄How much does it cost to add my own logo?
- It depends on many factors. How many boxes, how many print colours, size and complexity of the design, how many print positions, how quickly you need them. For more information contact Nigel Taylor our Print Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or preferably complete the JotForm on our Printing Page to enable him to quote you accurately. The MOQ for a custom printed logo is 24 boxes
- ◄Can I post out the gift boxes as they are?
- No, they are high quality and very rigid but they need an extra brown corrugated mailing carton to protect them in transit. We have good quality mailing cartons to fit all gift box sizes, so if you need to mail out the assembled gift box with your product contents we suggest you buy the relevant sized mailing carton.
- ◄How much tissue or shredded paper do I need?
- Speak to Sue at Shredhouse, their full contact details are on our Tissue & Shred Page. You can navigate from the top menu on the Home Page under 'Extras' or click this link 'Shredded Paper'. They manufacture and are very helpful. They know our boxes and can advise the suggested amount of shred or tissue paper you will need depending on how many boxes you buy and what you plan to pack in the boxes.
- ◄Do you do gloss finish boxes?
- No we don’t. We selected a matt finish after a lot of market research and initial sampling. We think it looks best and it’s also much easier to print the surface of the paper, achieving a much better result if you want to add your own logo. Matt finish boxes look great with a tone on tone glossy print.
- ◄Can I visit to see your range and discuss ideas?
- Unfortunately not. We are an e-commerce business and do not have a showroom or hold samples at the office. We can discuss your requirements by phone or visit you if you have a custom box enquiry.
- ◄Can I collect bulk stock from you?
- Sorry but no. Our Luton premises are offices only – bulk product is warehoused in Bedford.
- ◄Where are the goods despatched from?
- Our warehouse in Bedford.
- ◄Can I collect bulk boxes from your warehouse?
- Unfortunately not. Due to health and safety restrictions. It's a large and incredibly busy warehouse with multiple large vehicle deliveries and despatches per day, together with forklift truck movements. It's too dangerous to have people turn up to make a collection.
- ◄I’ve received my boxes but a few are dented/damaged, what do I do?
- Please e-mail us. We are really very sorry but inevitably it's unavoidable on the odd occasion, as with any item. We check our boxes for quality before they leave our factory but it is impossible to open and check every individual box prior to despatch. Please let us know if there is any evident transit damage to the outer or inner carton as this helps us identify the possible source of the problem. We will replace damaged boxes or credit them, depending on how you want us to deal with the problem.
- ◄Can I recycle your boxes?
- Yes depending on any restrictions from your local authority, which can vary from town to town.
- ◄The magnets don't seem to be working, what should I do?
- Magnets are like people, they like being together! We use strong magnets on our boxes so you should not experience any problems but if they do not produce a positive closure immediately, you may need to give them a little time.
Magnetism gets stronger over time and magnets can also be adversely affected by cold weather, so leave them to come up to room temperature, especially if they have transited during cold winter months. Bend the front flap back on itself carefully as this often helps push the flap closer to the box front when the lid is closed. Close the box front flap and leave for up to 24 hours, the magnetism should increase and the closure flap should be fine.
If you experience any further problems please email Fiona@foldabox.co.uk