- ◄Are the prices on your website trade prices?
- Yes they are. We sell our boxes to business customers with a minimum of 12 boxes of each colour or size.
- ◄Do you offer discounts on higher volumes?
- Yes, our discount structure is based on a total spend level. If you purchase products exceeding £400.00 excluding VAT and carriage, we offer a 5% discount. If you spend in excess of £650.00 excluding VAT and carriage, we offer a 10% discount. The discount does not apply to the carriage cost, only the product value.
Enter the following relevant discount name (as you see it below) in the discount code box at the checkout stage and the discount will automatically be deducted.
bigorderdiscount = 5%
reallybigorderdiscount = 10%
- ◄Do you offer discount to charities?
- Yes, we are very happy to support charities. We offer an automatic 10% discount to charities, regardless of spend level. Please contact us for a discount code specific to you. We are also happy to share your charity details on our Facebook page and our Pinterest board.
- ◄Do prices include VAT?
- No they do not but the incl. VAT unit price is shown in the body description on each product page. VAT will be added automatically to your shopping basket total at the checkout. VAT is charged at the current rate of 20%.
If you are VAT exempt (ordering outside the UK but within the EU, or Internationally) please call us to remove the VAT from your payment before you progress your payment. We will, however, need your VAT number. If you are not registered for VAT we're afraid you still have to pay it and can’t claim it back. Sorry, it’s the Chancellor to blame, not us!
- ◄What is your cut-off time to dispatch boxes the same day I place my order?
- 1:30pm is the cut-off time, Monday – Friday. If you place your order before 1:30pm it should be despatched the same day on a Next-Working-day delivery service, but this is not guaranteed. If Same-Day despatch is required, we suggest that you call us immediately after placing your order online, so we can make sure it is released to the warehouse as a priority.
If you place your order after 1:30pm it will normally be despatched the following working day. Our warehouse does not despatch on Saturdays, Sundays, or on national Bank Holidays.
- ◄Can I mix colours or sizes on bulk stock?
- Yes, but our Minimum quantity of any individual item is 12 of each size/colour (24pcs for Mailing Cartons). For quantities below 12, please purchase Singles by clicking the 'Buy a Sample' button on each product page. We don't currently offer individual samples of mailing cartons.
- ◄Will I get my boxes the next day?
- Provided you place your order before 1:30pm and call us to confirm, the likely answer is Yes! However, Next-Day delivery is not guaranteed. Ideally you should allow 2-3 days if you are in a rural location. If delivery timing is critical, select one of our Timed delivery services.
- ◄Can I remove the ribbon?
- The simple answer is not easily. The ribbon is fixed to the box through a slit in the paper on the front flap and base of the box and fixed securely from the inside during the manufacturing process. If you cut it off you will see the slits in the paper. We have had some customers who have removed it and added a decorative sticker to cover the slits. We even had a customer who managed to add their own ribbon but we suspect you’ll need to be very crafty and patient to achieve a good result!
We do offer a selection of boxes without ribbon, navigate here to the ‘No Ribbon’ boxes or check under ‘Styles’ from the Home Page, you’ll see all boxes available without ribbon.
- ◄Can I change the ribbon?
- Sorry but no, the ribbon is fixed at the factory during manufacture. We can offer alternative ribbons but only on a custom order requiring an MOQ of 2,000 boxes.
- ◄Can I add my own logo?
- Yes no problem, contact our print partners with your requirements so we can quote you. First we suggest you visit our Printing Page to check you advise us as much information as possible.
- ◄How Much Does it cost to add my own logo?
- To be honest it depends on many factors. How many boxes, how many print colours, complexity of your design, how quickly you need them. For more information contact our Specialist Printing team here: email@example.com
- ◄Can I post out the gift boxes as they are?
- No, they are high quality and very rigid but they need an extra brown corrugated mailing carton to protect them in the post. We now have good quality mailing cartons to fit all our box sizes so if you need to mail out the gift box with your contents we suggest you buy the relevant sized mailing carton.
- ◄How much tissue or shredded paper do I need?
- Speak to Sue at Shredhouse, their full contact details are on our Tissue & Shred Page You can navigate from the top menu on the Home Page under 'Extras' or click this link 'Shredded Paper'. They manufacture and are very helpful. They know our boxes and can advise the suggested amount of shred or tissue paper you will need depending on how many boxes you buy and what you plan to pack in the boxes.
- ◄Do you do gloss finish boxes?
- No we don’t. We selected a matte finish after a lot of market research and initial sampling. We think it looks best and it’s also much easier to print the surface of the paper, achieving a much better result if you want to add your own logo.
- ◄Can I visit to see your range and discuss ideas?
- If you’d like to discuss a bespoke enquiry for 2,000 or more boxes then we are more than happy to see you at our office by prior arrangement. If you are interested in stock boxes then to be honest you are better to order samples on line as we don’t hold the whole sample range at our office.
- ◄Can I collect bulk stock from you?
- Sorry but no. Our Luton premises are offices only – bulk product is warehoused in Bedford, about 30 minutes drive from Luton.
- ◄Where are the goods despatched from?
- Our warehouse in Bedford. If you need their full address to arrange collection please contact us for their full contact details.
- ◄I’m local, or my courier is cheaper. Can I collect bulk boxes from Bedford?
- This is possible, in certain circumstances. Firstly you must contact us at least 1 working day before your proposed collection, so we can make the arrangements. All stock must be paid for in full, on-line, prior to collection. Our warehouse is not permitted to accept payments, or to release stock in any other circumstances other than those set out here.
If you do plan to collect stock, please contact us for the warehouse address and a Collection code number. This code must be quoted to warehouse staff by you, or your nominated courier, otherwise the warehouse will not release goods.
- ◄I’ve received my boxes but a few are dented/damaged, what do I do?
- Please call or e-mail us. We are really very sorry but inevitably it's unavoidable on the odd occasion, as with any item. We check our boxes for quality before they leave our factory but it is impossible to open and check every individual box prior to despatch. Please let us know if there is any evident transit damage to the outer or inner carton as this helps us identify the possible source of the problem. We will replace damaged boxes or credit them, depending on how you want us to deal with the problem.
- ◄Can I recycle your boxes?
- Yes depending on any restrictions from your local authority, which can vary from town to town.
- ◄The magnets don't seem to be working, what should I do?
- Magnets are like people, they like being together! We use strong magnets on our boxes so you should not experience any problems but if they do not produce a positive closure immediately, you may need to give them a little time.
Magnetism gets stronger over time and magnets can also be adversely affected by cold weather, so leave them to come up to room temperature, especially if they have transited during cold winter months. Bend the front flap back on itself carefully as this often helps push the flap closer to the box front when the lid is closed. Close the box front flap and leave for up to 24 hours, the magnetism should increase and the closure flap should be fine.
If you experience any further problems please email Fiona@foldabox.co.uk